The Animal Coalition of Delaware County is dedicated to ensuring that every animal has a safe and loving home. Our organization is run entirely by volunteers. We’ve been finding homes for adoptable pets since 2004. YOU can too. Please note: you must be 18 years old to submit the application on-line. Teens under 18 need to print out the application and have it signed by a parent/guardian
- Volunteer – Volunteers are needed to staff our outreach events, design and hang flyers, return phone calls, transport animals, care for animals in our adoption center, help with fund-raisers, and more. For more information, click here or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paws on Tour - Be the special person to promote and help a homeless animal find their adoptive family at weekend events. If you have 3-4 hours to devote on a weekend, we can always use your help at our Outreach Events. Located at varying pet stores in and around Delaware County, we need volunteers to help transport and showcase our animals, educate the public, and generate awareness for ACDC. For further details, click on the 'Paws on Tour' link under the 'Ways to Help' section and if interested, please contact us at email@example.com
- Pet Pals – Hang up flyers advertising events at Vet offices, libraries, community centers, deli’s in Delaware County and surrounding areas. Take pictures and videos of foster pets to share on facebook and other social media. Help a foster pet find their new forever home! For further details, click on the 'Be a Pet Pal' link under the 'Ways to Help' section and if interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marketing - We need help with marketing communications (i.e. writing blog posts, press releases, brochures, flyers of adoptable pets and flyers for special events), merchandising (i.e. creating ACDC apparel). If interested, please contact Kristen at email@example.com
- Social Media- Write stories, help maintain Facebook and the blog, take photos nand videos for inatgram.
- Event Planning- Help plan or work at a fundraising event, or plan and host a ‘wish list’ donation drive, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising/Grantwriting Committee - We’re looking for folks who can help us contact area businesses for raffle prizes, sponsorship, and donations. If writing is more your style, we need help with grant writing and corporate sponsorship appeals. We have the vision, we just need people to help. If interested, please contact email@example.com
- Foster – Foster families care for our pets until their forever home is found. All vet care is paid by ACDC. Families are responsible for all the love and affection they can lavish on their foster pet. We are in desperate need of foster families. The more families that work with us, the more pets we can rescue. To learn more, click here or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Foster Parent Mentor – Assist by visiting and communicating with potential and current foster parents. Conduct home visits and review adoption packets with foster parents to help them get set up to welcome a foster pet. Guide a foster parent through the fostering process: veterinarian visits, adoption center and Paws on Tour events. Ensure that foster parents have theior foster pets vaccinated, spayed/neutered and microchipped and that they periodically update the pet's name, bio and pictures. If you’re interested in mentoring, please contact email@example.com
- Foster Department Coordinator – Maintain foster parent and pet records. Keep foster parents and mentors up to date on all procedures and update the foster manual when needed. Facilitate foster pet care vacation coverage for foster parents; hold occasional foster parent meetings and advise intake department when their is an open foster home ready to save another life. If you’re interested in coordinating a foster department, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Counsults – Return phone calls regarding people needing to surrender their pet, those interested in adopting a pet and general questions received. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact email@example.com
- Adoption Center Staff – We three adoption centers, at PetSmart-Marple Crossroads, PetValu in Broomall and at Petco-Clifton Heights!.Help keep the cats happy by providing clean cages and litterboxes and offering enrichment activities by playing, petting and exercising the cats. Also, assist the public when they have questions or want to visit with an adoptable cat. Volunteers must be 16 yrs old, and if under 18 yrs old, must be supervised by an adult at all times, to work at the adoption center. This requires a 3 hr single shift once a week for 3-6 months commitment to volunteer at the adoption center. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adoption Match Makers – Process applications from home to help potential adopters determine if a pet is a good match. If you’re interested in becoming a match maker, please contact email@example.com
- Adoption Coach – Review adoptive packet & follow-up with adopter on pet settling in to their new home. If you’re interested in becoming a coach, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giving – All of the animals cared for by ACDC receive a veterinary examination and any necessary veterinary care, are spayed/neutered if they are old enough, and have received all necessary testing and vaccinations. Naturally, this requires significant financial resources. We are not affiliated with any local, state, or federal agency or any other SPCA or humane group and are supported entirely by the generosity of the general public and our members. To learn more, click here . All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
"United We Serve"- Click Here to View A Message From President Barack Obama About Volunteering
Click Here to download a PDF file which you can print, fill out and faxor email back to us at email@example.com
Or fill out the online form and click "Submit".
Thank you for your efforts! Without our dedicated volunteers, we would not exist. You ARE making a difference, no matter how small you think your contributions may be. We come from all backgrounds, professions and stations in life-a very diverse group of people coming together for one purpose-to find a home for every homeless pet in our neighborhoods, in our county, and to spread the word about responsible pet ownership to our friends, neighbors and our community.
Again, thank you for all you do - remember, we are the voice for these wonderful animals who cannot speak for themselves.