The Animal Coalition of Delaware County is dedicated to ensuring that every animal has a safe and loving home. Our organization is run entirely by volunteers. We’ve been finding homes for adoptable pets since 2004. YOU can too. Please note: you must be 18 years old to submit the application on-line. Teens under 18 need to print out the application and have it signed by a parent/guardian
- Volunteer – Volunteers are needed to staff our outreach events, design and hang flyers, return phone calls, transport animals, care for animals in our adoption center, help with fund-raisers, and more. For more information, click here or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paws on Tour - Be the special person to promote and help a homeless animal find their adoptive family at weekend events. For further details, click on the 'Paws on Tour' link under the 'Ways to Help' section and if interested, please contact Steph Stupka at email@example.com
- Marketing - We need help with marketing communications (i.e. writing blog posts, press releases, brochures), merchandising (i.e. creating ACDC apparel), and our social media platform. If interested, please contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event Planning-contact email@example.com
- Fundraising/Grantwriting Committee - We’re looking for folks who can help us contact area businesses for raffle prizes, sponsorship, and donations. If writing is more your style, we need help with grant writing and corporate sponsorship appeals. We have the vision, we just need people to help. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outreach - If you have 3-4 hours to devote on a weekend, we can always use your help at our Outreach Events. Located at varying pet stores in and around Delaware County, we need volunteers to help transport and showcase our animals, educate the public, and generate awareness for ACDC. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact email@example.com
- Foster – Foster families care for our pets until their forever home is found. All vet care is paid by ACDC. Families are responsible for all the love and affection they can lavish on their foster pet. We are in desperate need of foster families. The more families that work with us, the more pets we can rescue. To learn more, click here or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- PR Volunteer – Hang up flyers advertising events at Vet offices, libraries, community centers, deli’s in Delaware County and surrounding areas. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact email@example.com.
- Foster/Adoptive Home Coordinators – Assist by visiting and communicating with potential and current foster parents. Conduct home visits and review adoption packets with potential adopters and perform follow-up calls with adopters to ensure the pet is settling in. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Counsults – Return phone calls regarding people needing to surrender their pet, those interested in adopting a pet and general questions received. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact email@example.com
- Adoption Center Staff – Help keep the cats happy at the Springfield PetSmart Adoption center by providing clean cages and litterboxes and offering enrichment activities by playing, petting and exercising the cats. Also, assist the public when they have questions or want to visit with an adoptable cat. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giving – All of the animals cared for by ACDC receive a veterinary examination and any necessary veterinary care, are spayed/neutered if they are old enough, and have received all necessary testing and vaccinations. Naturally, this requires significant financial resources. We are not affiliated with any local, state, or federal agency or any other SPCA or humane group and are supported entirely by the generosity of the general public and our members. To learn more, click here . All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
"United We Serve"- Click Here to View A Message From President Barack Obama About Volunteering
Click Here to download a PDF file which you can print, fill out and fax
Click Here to download a Microsoft Word file which can be filled out and emailed
Or fill out the online form and click "Submit".
Thank you for your efforts! Without our dedicated volunteers, we would not exist. You ARE making a difference, no matter how small you think your contributions may be. We come from all backgrounds, professions and stations in life-a very diverse group of people coming together for one purpose-to find a home for every homeless pet in our neighborhoods, in our county, and to spread the word about responsible pet ownership to our friends, neighbors and our community.
Again, thank you for all you do - remember, we are the voice for these wonderful animals who cannot speak for themselves.